This chapter on e-resource stewardship explores the complex and essential aspects of managing electronic resources within libraries. The following sections cover:
- the ERM workflow, which details the procedures and practices involved in the effective handling of digital materials;
- markets and economics of e-resources, which offers insights into how copyright law influences the financial dynamics and market trends that shape electronic resource availability and pricing;
- licensing, which focuses on the legal considerations and contractual agreements essential to obtaining and providing electronic content;
- negotiations for e-resources, which examines the strategies and techniques employed in securing favorable terms and conditions for libraries and their patrons; and
- acquisitions and collection development, which helps illuminate the careful planning and execution involved in curating a diverse and relevant digital collection.
The goal with these sections is to provide a holistic view of e-resource stewardship, equipping you with the knowledge and skills necessary for the contemporary electronic resource landscape.